Sunday, September 5, 2010

Things I have learnt from my mother part 2

A long time ago I posted things my mother has taught me. Let's continue with what else she has taught me, and why you should be surprised I'm this normal.

Gay people who have kids aren't really parents
So she is very against gay couples, it's wrong, unnatural etc. I do not agree with her one little bit on this, and if I had of been gay I would be so far in the closet and have a mental break down from all the emotional trauma.
Luckily I am not gay so she hasn't sent me off to one of those straight camps where they beat and pray the gay out of you.
There has been a lot of debate in the media lately about gay couples adopting and if it's the right thing to do. Yes these kids may be messed up but hey who isn't? Isn't parenthood about taking a beautiful, innocent baby and fucking them up in as many ways as possible? Or is that just my parents? Then there is the debate that single parents are doing the wrong thing because there is no male influence in the childs life, is that a valid argument against lesbian parents? Who knows.
I guess you just let it happen and see if the kids are messed up.
But mum's debate is some what different. Her view is that even if it's not adoption, even if it is one of the members egg or sperm it's not really their child. Well genetically is 100% is their child!! 50% of it's DNA is there's meaning THEY ARE THE PARENT. If that came up on Maurie he would be saying "YOU ARE THE FATHER"
What makes this even more stupid, is that she thinks that children who are adopted are 100% their adoptive parents. yes they are, legally, emotionally everything that is your parent, but how can you say that DNA doens't count if they are gay?

Potatoe Gems are healthier than potatoe
I've been eating really healthily lately and try to limit my carbs. But I decided to have potatoes one night. I was going to cook them in the pan with a tiny, tiny bit of oil. Mum told me that it was unhealthy. That I should have potatoe gems instead.
Yes I am sure that DEEP FRIED potatoe gems are healthier than eating potatoe with a little canola oil. This woman clearly has NO brain.

Understand my rage now?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello commenters of the world.
Feel free to speak your mind and have some fun with me. I'll try write back where I can.
Decent humans only though- no abuse! If you don't fit this criteria I probably don't need you reading my blog anyway!