Wednesday, September 29, 2010

My past few blogs have been a bit downer, which is totally not like my usual style. But hey even the most unemotional of us can get down some times.

On the weekend, following suit to this hung parliament business the AFL Footy Grand Final was a draw. And when it is a draw we don't go into overtime. They come back and do it ALL AGAIN the next week. So we didn't have a government for a while and we don't have a premiership winner when there is meant to be one.

I made a bet on the election which just got paid out because of this mix up, and I considered putting a bet on a draw. I thought that would be stupid and didn't "waste" my money. I potentially would have made a LOT of money because the odds were so, so low. I guess I can't kick myself for something that I never had.

I have a few bets with friends riding on this match and it's very annoying I have to wait another week for my pay out (because obviously the saints will win) It actually really stuffed things up because had we lost I would have gone shopping this Saturday for alcohol for my birthday. But now I can't because we won't know the winner til about 5:30pm Saturday night and I don't want to buy some if i'm going to be winning some!

If the Saints lose, I am leaving the country, along with everyone that's not a feral magpies supporter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello commenters of the world.
Feel free to speak your mind and have some fun with me. I'll try write back where I can.
Decent humans only though- no abuse! If you don't fit this criteria I probably don't need you reading my blog anyway!